Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Adjustment 22: Kicked It Up a Notch....

Hi! Been a little while!

I didn't post about my last adjustment because there really wasn't anything new, I just had a new power chain placed and was sent on my merry way with a bag of elastics.

This adjustment was a little different. After I was called back to the row of chairs, my ortho had me open and close my mouth and said, there seems to still be a little space there. He turned towards the assistant and told her to put triple A's on the upper and lower and walked away.

So I asked the assistant what was going to happen because I saw her pull out this plastic box with all these little wires in them. She told me that she was going to place a wire on my upper and lower teeth because my lowers are flared out a bit and they want to push them in a little as well as push my uppers in and that should help close the space.

She proceeded to put my new upper and lower powerchain on and then began adding the triple A wire, and it was pretty tight once she got it on. She also wire tied it in a few spots because she wanted to make sure it wouldn't pop out of my mouth. Lol. I'm probably going to be in a bit of pain, so it's back to the pain meds for me.

I'm glad that they added something else because that means we'll have progress and I'm getting closer to having these darn things off.

Oh! I also have to wear elastics on top of all this, so that should be fun.

I'll take a pic soon.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Bye!

1 comment:

  1. There is no easy way to have your teeth straightened. It's usually a long and painful process, especially if you have is the traditional metal braces. But no worries, as in the future the pain will just be a memory when you are already sporting your new perfect smile. You'll get there in time! Cheers!

    Dora Ingram @ CGDDS

    ReplyDelete