Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Week 42, Adjustment 7: Today, I Officially Hate Blue Glue...

Hi!

I had my 7th adjustment today and there was a lot done...

My doors on my brackets would not open and the ortho assistant was tugging and pulling, my teeth started hurting... She finally got them open but mmm... did not feel good. so my ride on the pain train is coming... All Aboard! lol

My last tooth is finally bracketed, added to the arch wire and it has a wire tie on it. (When my tooth moves, they don't want the wire to pop out.) I also went back down to a thin flexible wire on my lowers.
Because of the position that my tooth was in, when the bracketed was added, I bit down and we realized that it was the bracket that I was gnawing on. SO, I now have more blue glue on my right 1st molar. My teeth don't touch at all and I can't chew anything.. :( Back to soft foods :( (Correction: I can chew but it has to be chunks of food)

My lower 2nd molars aren't attached to the archwire either, which feels weird because I'll stick my tongue back there and there's this space where the wire used to be.

I do have to go back next week to have them shave down the glue some.. So that does make me a little happy. Really, the glue won't be there for very long, since my tooth will probably fall in line pretty quickly.

The only thing that the assistant did to my uppers was give me a new powerchain. I was hoping that I'd be done with them but I guess I have to have it for retention purposes.
I did have to have another X-Ray for the right side of my face. I don't know what it was for but they are going to be monitoring something. So I will have to remember to ask when I go back next week.

One cool thing, is Dr. M continued to comment on how great my uppers looked and how they have changed so much. I'm sure on the inside he was patting himself on the back, like wow, I did a great job. *pat, pat* lol.


I didn't like this adjustment too much but I'll get over it. The pain is on it's way and I'll try not to whine too much.



Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment