Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Week 52: Stained Glue

Hi!

Was super busy last week so, I didn't get a chance to take pictures. So no update for last week but I will make sure to take pictures for this week..

I continue to look at my pictures and I often comment on how yellow they look, but I actually think part of the reason is because my glue under my brackets is a bit a stained. So I'm sure once the braces come off, then my teeth probably won't be as yellow as I thought.

 It seems like my lower tooth is in the same spot. Don't really think it's going to move too much more until a thicker wire is applied. So we will see. :)

Also, I've been struggling with my bristles on my tooth brush either getting caught on a sharp edge on my brackets or on a pokey wire and when I'm brushing, I'm kind of tugging on my brackets as the brush goes over teeth. It's really only in the back that I'm having this problem. So I guess I can mention that to my ortho.

Also, I need to make sure that I mention that my jaw has been clicking. It's been doing it a lot more frequently and I'm just wondering is my jaw settling or am I developing tmj issues? So will update on that soon.


Bye!

3 comments:

  1. I just had my first adjustment today. She added new ties around some of the brackets, which I don't really understand, and two chains on the bottom to move my teeth to give room to straighten one out. It's completely perpendicular to the others. But progress!

    Thanks for your blog. It's so good to see someone farther along than i am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any tips for cleaning under/around the chain?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kirra, glad that you're seeing progress. Sometimes the wire ties can be used to rotate teeth or can be used to hold your bracket a little more tightly to the tooth. When the wire starts activating the tooth, if you don't have something to secure the bracket, it could pop off.

    I usually a interdental proxy brush and clean around the brackets and wires really good, and that tends to keep the powerchain clean. Or I'll use my waterpik and that usually washes all the food particles away.

    Thanks for reading my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete