Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Week 53, Adjust 9: Small TMJ Issues

Hi!

So I had my adjustment today and.. it was ok.... I suppose.

My name was called and I went to the back and sat in one of the chairs. Before the ortho assistant could lean my chair back, I started telling her about the clicking and popping I've been dealing with lately in my jaw and she told me that it sounds like I'm beginning to develop TMJ problems. She said hopefully, when I started wearing elastics, that would clear it up but we'd have to see.

She began to open the doors on my brackets and there were a few that wouldn't open.... So she started tugging on them with her hook like tool.... It did NOT feel good........ She finally was able to get the doors open but sheesh, that was a pain in the butt. She also removed my wire tie that was around my newly bracketed tooth.

She removed the old wire and put a thicker wire on the bottom, 0.18 and just changed my powerchain on top... So my ortho comes over and she tells him what's going on and he's like ok....  well how do you sleep at night? I told him that I sleep on my stomach... he's like ok.. I want you to start sleeping on your back... Of course, I gave him a look like he crushed my dreams lol! Sometimes I can fall asleep on my back but I tend to roll over on my stomach... So this is going to be fun... -.-

So then he said, I also what you to go back on a soft food diet for a week, just to see if maybe the TMJ issues will stop... Again.... Dreams Crushed! I LOVE to eat, so it's going to be hard. I can see myself being a serious crab apple for a week. =x He also, told me to take some ibuprofen if I have any pain, because there may be inflammation back there... I just agreed to everything, knowing that if I don't do it, it could delay my treatment....

So after the ortho gave me instructions, I asked the ortho assistant what were we going to do next time.She said that they'll give me a thicker wire on the bottom and will do what she calls a reposi... Meaning, they'll take a X-ray of my mouth and then if the ortho doesn't like where some of my brackets are, he'll remove them and put them somewhere else on my teeth. So I guess in a way, I'll get to see what it's going to feel like when these bad boys come off..... I don't know if she meant at this next adjustment or the adjustment after, but she said that I'll probably start rubber bands....

Sounds like we're getting to the fun stuff, and at least things are happening. :)

Well that's all for now!

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment