Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Adjustment 15:The Dreaded Elastics Have Returned!

Hi!

15th adjustment went pretty well.

I was called back to the row of chairs and the ortho assistant, started removing my ligs and wires. She told me that I was getting stainless steel wires and powerchains to close my gaps. I was like ok, that's fine. Well, my ortho came over and told me to smile and then turn my head to the left and bite down. He tells the ortho assistant, "I want boxes on both sides," then walks away.

So I asked the ortho assistant, if that meant I would have to wear elastics again and she's like yep, you sure do. Luckily, they're still Zebras so the weight didn't change. But she told me that, it's to bring my bite together a little more. My thought was, well this is better than Zigzags so I'll deal with it.

Anyway, the stainless steel wire was a pain going in as always and I immediately felt pressure once they were all the way in. The powerchains really weren't that bad.

With my elastics being in a different configuration, it's just a bit weird. For one, this configuration gives me a bit of a headache and it's awkward putting chap stick on and trying to rub my lips together.. weirdest face ever! lol

I don't have a clue about what's going to happen at my next adjustment. So we'll just have to wait and see.


Bye!

The dreaded box elastics. I don't really mind that they sit right in front.
 I just hate the elastics rubbing the inside of my mouth raw!

For some reason, my lowers look off to me. I know that I still have a while to go before 
I'm debanded but I hope my ortho can get rid of my black triangles and straighten up my lowers.

My gap between my two front teeth actually looks like it's getting smaller. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment