Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

TMJ Issues Are Back.. =[

Hi,

I'm still having problems with my jaw. Whenever I open my mouth wide, like to  yawn, it pops and clicks, and just plain hurts. I'm still working on sleeping on my back but it's a chanllenge for me. So it could still be a combination of rolling over on my stomach and sleeping on my face and my teeth moving around but it's a little frustrating.

I didn't have this problem before braces even though my teeth were really messed up but my jaw was fine. But I wouldn't want to go back to having crooked teeth. It really brought me down and I had low self esteem. Even when my husband looked past the crooked teeth and just saw me for me and loved me anyway, I couldn't see past it. So even though I'm a little frustrated with my developing TMJ issues, I don't regret getting braces at all.

I'll just continue to work on sleeping on my back and hopefully by the time my braces come off and my bite is fixed that my TMJ issues will stop..

We'll see what happens in the year and a half to come. =]

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment