Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Week 6: 1st Adjustment

I had my first adjustment today and it really wasn't that bad! =]

It really only took 30 minutes for the whole thing.

My name was called and I went to the back room, sat in the chair. I was told that I was going to have stiffer wires put in top and bottom.. I heard the ortho assisstant say my new wires were 018. I didn't think to ask about the old wires but that's ok. (Do that at a later date)

Anyway, I asked the assisstant if I could have colored ligs and she said sure. I picked out teal ligs and they are purty! :D After she put my bottom wire in, which was bad at all, she began to put my top wire in with the ligs and ummm... that's the part that hurt.... She had to hold my teeth and the wire tightly in order to get the lig around the bracket... Let's just say I had watery eyes for a few minutes, since my teeth are still sore.

After she finished with the wires, she said she was all done and was going to get the ortho. I was a little sad that it wasn't Dr. M, but Dr. P.. oh well lol! The ortho looked at my mouth and told me that I was moving fast... and then she says... hmm.. I think we should put a powerchain with a extra loop on your 2 front teeth to close this gap a little bit... I was like oh no! O.o I've heard horrible stories about chains.... =[ The ortho told me that, they're not that bad and they won't hurt as much as it did when I first got my braces on.... (hmm we'll see.. So the assisstant unhooked my ligs and.. proceeded to put my new powerchains on my teeth... it really wasn't so bad!

All in all, I had a good appointment and it totally wasn't as scary as I thought it was going to be. lol!

Oh yeah, I also asked about elastics, won't get those till I have much stiffer wires... which is fine!...


On a Side Note: I'm starting to see a small gap form between my right central and lateral incisors. I do know that's a normal thing but it's still weird. lol







No comments:

Post a Comment