Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Dental Cleaning

Happy Friday!

I had a dental cleaning at 8am and everything went well. The dental hygenist told me that I had a little build up on my front teeth but besides that, my teeth were looking great. And that I was one of the best ortho patients she has seen. So that made me feel good, knowing that I'm cleaning my teeth really well. :D

After the dental hygenist finished cleaning my teeth then the dentist came over to look. He told me that I might not have to have any teeth extracted because of how my teeth are lining up but he's going to continue to watch them... I also asked him about the gingivectomy and he said that depending on how far my ortho brought my teeth down, then it might not need much of one but he said if I still did when my braces come off then he would let me know.

So we'll see what happens in the next year and some odd months. =]

Later!

2 comments:

  1. How do they clean with braces? I have my first cleaning next month. I'm thinking of asking if I can have it done every three months instead of six while my braces are on. Do you do every three months or six?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do every 6 months.

    The dental hygenist used this electric pick thingy to scrap away the build up around my brackets and it also sprayed water so as she's scrapping the stuff off, she washed it away too.

    Then she polished my teeth, she used this ortho attachment, it kind of looks like a cone with a rounded point on it. She polished under my wire and around my brackets..

    Then she flossed my teeth, using a floss threader and some thick thread. The flosing is the longest part but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete