Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Week 62

Hi!

I don't think my teeth have moved or if they have, it's only minuscule amounts. Since I was excited about having elastics, I'm expecting my teeth to move in a matter of a couple of days lol, I should know better!

So I'll just continue taking pictures and wearing my elastics like I'm supposed to and we'll see what happens in like 6 weeks.

I don't have any pain with elastics anymore. I had some slight pain after 24 hours of having elastics but it was only in the morning. Mainly because I was clenching my teeth at night and then I'd open my mouth and it would hurt and ache.. I don't think I'm clenching anymore, so that's a good thing.

A funny story: Yesterday, I went over my parents house and I had not saw my dad since I got elastics... So I was talking to him and he interrupts me and says, what's that in your mouth?? I'm like rubber bands. He has this funny look on his face and he's ask me, why? So I tell him, that the elastics are going to move my jaw over some... He's like, So does that mean you're going to have a sideways jaw? I hope not....
 Of course, I start laughing.. That was just hilarious.

One thing that made me feel good was my dad kept saying how great my teeth look! I was beaming! :D All I have to say is my ortho is a miracle worker! :)


Bye!


I was right about movement. I compared my overjet pic from my
adjustment to this current pic and my overjet has went in a little!
So exciting! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay for elastics, but I definitely understand the disappointment at lack of movement. I thought power chains were going to have some dramatic movement, and there wasn't much. I got a spring a few weeks ago, and I expected dramatic movement, and there wasn't much. Also not much pain for either. I guess it's hardly ever dramatic. But! I did notice that two of my molars are nearly close enough together that before long, I don't think a proxy brush will fit anymore. Noticing change is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exciting and I'm glad you didn't have much pain! Even though it's not dramatic movement, at least there still is some. Which is nice! I think what helps me the most when there is lack of movement is when I compare my before and current pictures. I tend to feel better knowing what my teeth used to look like versus how they look now. It's just awesome!

    What is your estimated treatment time?

    ReplyDelete