Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My 2nd Adjustment

I had managed to get up in enough time for my appointment and figured that I'd make it at 8:45. Unfortunately, I was like 5 minutes late because my husband thought that we were going to my dentist and not my ortho and we had to turn around and go the other way. But I made it in a good amount of time. lol!

I signed in, got called back and realized that the assisstant who was going to work on me, was not my normal assisstant. So I was a little sad about that... =x The adjustment went fairly well. I had my ligs removed, and my doors open, while the wires were removed and the assisstant put a new upper and lower arch wire in. My upper wire is a little thicker but it's not as thick as the one she was orignally going to put in. After she put the wires in, she put my new red and black ligs on =D and closed all the doors.

 Dr. M came over and looked at her work and said I was good to go. He also told her at my next adjustment in 6 weeks, he wants to put a thicker wire on my upper arch and that he was going to start closing up some of my gaps. I'm like Oh, Joy... 

The really cool thing about this adjustment is that my upper left 2nd premolar has finally joined the rest of the group. Instead of giving me a dinky old coil spring, the wire is now attached to it. :D That makes me so happy. My lower right premolar still has a spring because I guess there's still not enough room. I just think it's soooo neat! I also don't have a powerchain on my two front teeth this go round, I guess before Dr. P retired, she at least wanted to just close up my gap some.

It was a nice adjustment and I look forward to the next one in 6 weeks. Can't wait to see what the next adventure will be. :)

New Ligs! :D

Bracketed Finally!


No comments:

Post a Comment