Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Adjustment 4 1/2: No Pokey Wires... New Powerchains... OW!

Even though this wasn't a full adjustment, it was close enough... So we'll call it Adjustment 4 1/2.

 I was totally wrong! lol I didn't have any type of pokey wires at all. Where my cheeks come down when my mouth is closed, my cheeks are rubbing against and getting caught between my brackets... Ouchie..

I also mentioned to my ortho about my lowers clashing with my uppers and he said that's normal and I'm not used to that because I've never had my teeth where they're supposed to be...

The funny thing about this whole situation is when I was on my way to the ortho office, I said and I quote, "I'm just glad that I'm going to get my wires clipped and they're not going to do anything else to me. Yay!" Boy was I wrong!

I didn't have to make an appointment to go get my wires clipped so I told the receptionst, when I got there what I was there for and she didn't even ask me my name but just told me someone would be with me. So I figured she knew who I was. Well an ortho assistant came out and was like Danielle? And I'm looking around and not seeing anyone named Danielle get up..

Well the assistant leaves and comes back and calls Danielle again, and no one answers still. So she asks the receptionist where Danielle was... and she pointed to me... Uhh wrong! Lol... So the receptionist looked so embarassed and she apologized for assuming I was someone else and she said, well you both look so much alike...

Well after my assistant found out what my name was, she clocked out the Danielle person and I managed to get a look at her picture before she switched to mine... We look nothing alike... Haha!

Anywho, so after explaining my problems to my ortho about what's been going on, he pretty much said ok, well we're going to put a new tighter powerchain on your uppers AND going to put an even tighter chain on your lowers. I'm thinking OMG! I didn't come here for that!!

So I now have two clear powerchains on my upper and lower arch and they weren't kidding when they said they were tight... The real pain hasn't kicked in yet but I know it's going to KILL my teeth....

Oh yeah! I no longer have that extra loop in the middle of my two front teeth. I now have one powerchain stretched across my two front teeth. So that means we're in the final stages of closing this gap up! Woohoo.

*Warning: There will probably be a whiny update soon about how my teeth hurt in a few hours and I'm sorry if it's annoying...*

No comments:

Post a Comment