Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Orthodontic Terms

When I went to my consultation, I was seriously confused about all the Orthodontic Terms he used. So I'm trying to educate myself about my teeth and mouth. I'm slowly learning...

My orthodontist told me that I have a 8mm Overjet meaning my upper front teeth stick out 8 mms... Yikes! Then he said I have a Deep Bite meaning my upper front teeth covers my lower front teeth too much.. that's the part of the reason I have the dreaded molar buildups... *play doomed music * lol
I was also told that I have a Crossbite meaning my upper and lower teeth don't line up and I have some teeth that cross each other, upper and lower.

There's still some other terms I don't understand... so when I find out, I will be updating this post! :)

2 comments:

  1. I also have 8mm over jet and deep over bite....I don't have molar build ups, but I do have a bite plate for the over bite. I don't know how it is supposed to work, I just go with it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I wonder how common a 8mm overjet is? Did it hurt when the ortho put your bite plate in? I was googling bite plates, and it looks like it hurts. =x

    ReplyDelete