Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ortho Visit..

My visit to the ortho wasn't very eventful and really wasn't what I was expecting. I didn't have any adjustments done, or anything like that. I pretty much just looked like a paranoid patient. lol!

I arrived at the ortho's office, signed in and waited to be called back. When my name was finally called, the ortho assistant asked me if I had any broken brackets and I told her that I felt like they were loose, since I had been biting on them on accident and I told her about my clenching problem as well.

We went back in the patient area and I sat down and she started pulling on my brackets and said that none of them were loose, she asked me if I could remember which one I broke, unfortunely I couldn't. So she pulled on them again and said no, they're just fine.

She called the ortho over, Dr. P, and she started looking at my mouth and wanted me to open and close to check my bite. She said well there's really nothing we can do about you biting your cheek, I might be able to just reduce the glue a little bit. So she used her drill thing and started taking off some of the molar buildups on both sides and had me bite down to make sure it was even. She just said, this too shall pass and the appointment was over.

I really felt a bit disappointed because I thought that I had wasted everyone's time, my husband and myself included. I just now know that I'm a paranoid patient. lol. I also know that these things are stronger than they look, and I just need to stop being  a spazz!

No comments:

Post a Comment