Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Thankful

Somedays I forget to be thankful for the many things I have been blessed with. One thing I can say that I thank God for blessing me with is my braces. My braces have changed me in a very positive way. I used to hate my teeth. I would always cover my mouth whenever I laughed because I didn't want anyone to make fun of me. I used to get ridiculed for the way my teeth looked and that really brought my self esteem down. I used to just think that I wasn't pretty even though countless people had told me how pretty I was, I just couldn't see it for myself.

Since becoming braced, my confidence has just soared. I used to be really, painfully shy, most of it due to my teeth. I know longer feel shy and I feel more outgoing and not worried about how people look at me anymore because I have my braces and know that my smile is going to be really pretty soon. I show my teeth so much more and when I laugh, I no longer cover my mouth. It just feels great to no longer feel the way I have in the past.

I have a long journey ahead of me but things are definately looking up. I would just like to say thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment