Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

3rd Adjustment : Here Comes the Pain!

Ok, so I had my 3rd adjustment and I'm starting to feel the pain. =x

My name was called and I went to the chair and set down. The ortho assistant looked at my lower  teeth and said, Oh.. it looks like there's a wire out back there.. I'm like o.o I wonder how long it's been like that. So she had to change my wire. It's stil the same type of wire just new. So she replaced the wire and added a longer spring so my gap will widen up a bit more.

She got to the upper arch and realized that my upper wire didn't look like it was all the way in either. So in other words, the previous ortho assistant I had cut the wires too short... =/ So she got my new upper arch wire and put it on. She then says ok, we're going to start working on closing some of your gaps. I chose a purple power chain and she started putting it on my teeth. I was thinking I was going to get a small chain on only a few teeth... Wrong! My power chain goes all the way across my upper arch.

I'm like oh noes, the pain will start soon. =[ I managed to keep some of the pain in check with ibuprofen but don't know how tonight and tomorrow's going to go... Probably will be soft foods for a few days, eating a hot pocket was an adventure for sure..

Oh well, it's apart of the process for straight teeth, I'll just suck it up...




Bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment